Profile: Asvini Serasundera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Name: Asvini Serasundera

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

1.       What exactly is a Her Campus Correspondent

A Campus Correspondent is always one of two. It’s a real group effort (ha-ha!) He or she is normally an active leader of the team. Overseeing everyone, making sure chapter goals are met.

2.       What duties are included?

One of the main duties performed is publishing. We also make sure content is created by the team in a timely fashion. Editing responsibilities are shared with editors, of course things like this may vary from chapter to chapter. However, on a broader level all CCs keep in touch with each member of the team and follow up along with constant conversation with assigned chapter advisors. The list could go on!

3.       How long where you Campus Correspondent for?

For a year and a half!

4.       How hard was it to get the Chapter started at our college?

It was a little bit of a process but one we enjoyed being a part of the process.

5.       Did you have any help getting the chapter started at Molloy?

Yes! When we initially launched our college chapter had three CCs. Myself, Toni Martini and Saniya Khan.

6.       What is the most rewarding thing you gained from being Campus Correspondent?

The team and the friends I have made through it! It is such a rewarding position and the opportunities it brings you are amazing!

7.       What would you say is one of your best achievements as Campus Correspondent?

Launching the YouTube channel was something I enjoyed a lot, it was something fresh and new.

8.       What was your favorite article to write?

My Real Live College Guy was always very interesting and fun to write and interview.

9.       What was one of your favorite events that are Her Campus related?

Her Conference of course! So many great networking opportunities!

10.   Do you have any advice for those who want to join Her Campus?

Be prepared to write! Whatever position you hold whether it be a social media coordinator or PR, everyone on this team should write! Also be prepared to have fun!

Travis is 19 in his fourth semester of college! He is considered a Junior at Molloy and majors in Accounting! When he discovered(?) Her Campus at his school he immediately joined and became a writer and the Instragram coordinator. Now he is proud to be a Campus Correspondent!