Profile: Andrea Barone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

What exactly does your job entail?

“My job essentially is recruiting for new undergraduate students coming in as Freshmen. It entails going out to high schools and giving presentations, trying to bring students to campus to meet with the Dean, and using any program we use for recruiting. It also entails forming relationships with undergrads, it’s like a marketing job.”

In high school did you know the career path you wanted to take?

“Not at all! I was totally clueless in high school! I still don’t really know what I’m doing.”

What made you choose this career path?

“Confusion! I started out in healthcare and realized it wasn’t for me and drew on my background in Italian. Then I started thinking that maybe if I work in an institution of higher education, I could study abroad. Once I got to Molloy College, I realized I had more skills than I thought.”

What college did you and do you currently go to?

“I graduated with a BA in Italian from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA in 2011 and I currently attend Molloy for my MBA in Marketing. I anticipate graduation in May 2017.”

What motivates you?

“I think the students motivate me everyday, I think just the fact that the students are here, working hard to be successful to be where they want to be motivates me. I want to be sure I’m here to help them. I also want to help the parents and students that come here and are not sure what to do. I want to make sure I give them all that they need and that they are comfortable. I want to help.”

Have you worked anywhere else prior to Molloy?

“Yes, I worked for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston from September of 2011 to May of 2013. I was a Clinical Research Coordinator for the Gynecological Oncology department there, where I helped sign patients up for research-based clinical trials.”

What are your plans for the future? 

“Well, I plan on graduating in 2017 with my MBA and from there I’m hoping to find a job with a large corporation in marketing research or sales, but I still have to figure that out!”

What do you like to do when you are working or in school?

“I love traveling, I love to visit new places whenever I can. My husband and I recently went on a cruise where we visited St. Lucia, Antigua, and Grenada for the first time. I also frequently travel to Massachussetts on weekends to visit my friends and family there. When I’m not traveling, I love to cook, and I enjoy relaxing and watching movies with my husband.”

What are your plans for the summer?

“I look forward to my five year college reunion, as well as a number of weddings for some of my husband’s and my closest friends from school. Most of all, my husband and I are honored to welcome our Godchild into the world this May, and we plan on spending lots of time with our new niece or nephew.”

Do you run any social media for the business division?

“While I don’t run the Business Division’s social media sites. I do contribute by posting new info and promoting upcoming events to Facebook and Instagram as they pop up.”

You can almost always find Andrea at the Business Department office located in Casey 103!

Travis is 19 in his fourth semester of college! He is considered a Junior at Molloy and majors in Accounting! When he discovered(?) Her Campus at his school he immediately joined and became a writer and the Instragram coordinator. Now he is proud to be a Campus Correspondent!