OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH CAAAAAAANADAAAAAAAAAAA (Winter Vacation Time!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Thinking about doing a getaway over your winter break? Well if that’s the case I’ve got the perfect spot for you. Want to hear it? Ok here it is…. Canada! I know what you’re thinking- why would you want to leave your freezing hometown to go to a place that’s even more freezing? Well, I’ll tell you! Believe it or not, Canada is actually a pretty fun time during the winter, (I know, shocked me too) it seems like Canadians love to play in the snow during the winter, good thing they enjoy it because they get so much of it! The average snowfall in Canadian cities can range from the 10s to the 20s! But even through all that snow the Canadians still seem to find a pretty food way to have fun.

In Canada, one thing they love to do during the wintertime is go ice-skating, and the best place to do this is at Canada’s largest skating rink, the Rideau Canal. The skating rink is a huge heritage site for Canada as well as a fun site for tourists and Canadians alike. What could be better than skating across nearly eight kilometers of ice with your family, best friend, or even that special someone? Ice-skating can be a great way to have fun while in Canada as well as explore a famous site of heritage Canada has to offer.

If ice-skating isn’t your for you then how about some good old fashioned snow-kiting (yes you read that correctly, don’t worry it’s as crazy as it sounds). Snow kiting is a winter sport in Canada where through the use of kite power, a person is able to glide on snow and ice (using skis and snowboards of course). The skier or snowboarder usually uses the kite to gain a lift over a large jump. As long as the wind is blowing the kite will pull you through, making this a fun and exhilarating experience for the thrill seekers in Canada. However, I would not recommend this activity for those who are new/never been snowboarding or skiing, this activity can end really badly if you’re not sure of what you’re doing.

Not really feeling the whole, ice skating, snow-kiting, active side of your Canadian trip? Well for those who are just looking to relax on this Canadian vacation the La Bodega Tapas Bar and Grill in Regina Saskatchewan is know for its incredible organic food, authentic wine cellar, and amazing décor is perfected for those just looking to relax, eat, and knock a few drinks back on this Canadian vacation. The restaurant has received a 5-star review from critics and has been especially praised for its Ice Bar. Making it a suitable relaxing spot for all those who want to visit Canada whether you’re into more adventurous activities or just looking for a place to relax, Canada can be a great place for both in the winter.