This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

We all have “those songs.” You know, the ones you listen to when you’re sad or happy, to pump yourself up when you’re nervous, or listen to when you’re super-stressed to feel a little better. There are songs that remind us of another time or place and bring back loads of memories. A few of us got together to make our “top 10” playlist of songs we love to listen to when we’re in all types of moods! Enjoy!

Katt’s Recommendations

1) Cruise by Florida Georgia Line

I always listen to this one when I’m feeling carefree, relaxed, and just want to have a simple, feel-good song playing while I study or drive to school. This is for the times when I’m feeling really good about starting an assignment early!

Click here to listen to the song!

2) Tears Don’t Fall by Bullet For My Valentine: This one is for those angst-filled nights when I’m regretting having procrastinated so much on that 10-page paper. 

Click here to listen to the song!

3) La Gozadera by Marc Anthony and Gente de Zona: Probably the happiest, most upbeat song out there, I love this one when I’m sad and want to feel better, or when I’m already happy and just want to be happier! Of course, it also always brings back good memories from my summer study-abroad trip in Spain! 

Click here to listen to the song!

Liz’s Recommendations

4. You’ll be Okay by A Great Big World: I listen to this song when I’m feeling really stressed, or if I feel like the world is crashing down around me. This song reminds me that everything is going to be okay, and I won’t die just because one bad thing happened. 

Click here to listen to the song!

5. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves: This song is probably one of my all time favorites. No matter what mood I’m in, if this song comes on, I jam out. My dad and I love this song and even have a choreographed routine that we do in the car! I am instantly happier when I hear this song. 

Click here to listen to the song!

6. Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce: Who doesn’t love this song? Beyonce is bae-yonce, and this is my go to shower song. You want to feel powerful while cleansing off any dirt and negativity! Pump yourself up! This song makes me believe that I can do anything I set my mind to, and I can! I put my phone in a plastic bag, make sure it’s sealed tight, and bring it into the shower with me. That way, I don’t have to listen to the same song on repeat, or… feel the urge to skip every song that comes on shuffle and then I have to get out of the shower, dry my hand, make sure I don’t drip any water on the floor, etc. The struggle is real #firstworldproblems.

Click here to listen to the song!

Angela’s Recommendations

7.  Downtown (feat. Eric Nally, Mellie Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: I always listen to this song when I am getting ready to start my day or to get myself pumped up! It is one of my favorite songs on the radio. I’ve also listened to this so many times I can rap 99% of the song!

Click here to listen to the song!

8. Why Worry by Set It Off: This song has a great meaning. It is saying “Hey, worrying is not going to help you, so why worry?” It’s also a great song to dance to! Believe it or not, I was in the music video for this song! (I’m the short girl in black, in the front, with blonde and redish tipped hair, standing next to the tall guy in the white outfit front and center.)

Click here to listen to the song!

9. Only The Good Die Young by Billy Joel: This song is a classic and is one of my favorites by the Long Island native. Billy Joel has always been one of my favorite artists since I was very young. Yet another great song to dance to or to blast in the car! This song always puts me in a happy mood.

Click here to listen to the song!

10. Evolution of Beyonce by Pentatonix: First off, this is a beautiful acapella arangement of awesome songs! Second, it’s BEYONCE! It goes as far back as her Destiny’s Child days, and of course all the songs we know and love. All great songs and definitely an awesome video to watch because they’re making music with their mouths! (Pitch Perfect reference). 

Click here to listen to the song!

What’s your favorite song to listen to? Let us know in the comments below!

Liz Spencer is a Professional Communications major with minors in new media and journalism. When she's not staying at Molloy until one in the morning, she can be found reading, singing in the shower, dancing like no one is watching, or taking naps at home. She loves writing and is very happy to be a part of the newly created Molloy Her Campus chapter. She loves laughing, talking, and meeting new people. Liz is a huge advocate of societal equality and is always willing to lend a helping hand.
Katherine (Katt) is a senior studying Business Management and Philosophy at Molloy. She's an officer for Phi Sigma Tau and an active member of Sigma Beta Delta. She's a staunch advocate for the commuter life, has studied abroad in France, Sweden, Japan, and Spain, and spent two spring breaks in New Orleans building homes for those affected by Hurricane Katrina. She's an intern for a local non-profit, works part-time at a chocolate factory, and volunteers teaching English to new Americans! She is looking forward to contributing a lot during Molloy's first full year of having a HerCampus Chapter, and will [hopefully] be able to impart some quasi-wisdom on the underclassmen before graduating. Outside of school, she loves traveling, reading, writing, spending time with family, friends, and her boyfriend, and being outdoors. 
Angela is a Media Communications major with a New Media minor at Molloy College. She is also a writer for Her Campus Molloy and photographer for Molloy Life Media. When she is not testing out her photography skills or writing an new piece, Angela can be found hanging out with her friends or watching Netflix. She is very excited to continue working with all her fellow Her Campus staff members through the next few years while finishing up her degree at Molloy College.