Lana Del Rey’s Album Trailer Is AMAZING

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

About a week ago, Lana Del Rey released an album trailer in which the name for her upcoming album was revealed. The video is completely in black and white and features a five minute long monologue of Lana talking about living in the “Big H” of the Hollywood sign. There she appears transparent and talks about her life and how she likes to spend most her nights, far away from everyone “in order to create something special.” Although, she says she does not mind going out to the crazy cit of lights every now and then, especially on Tuesdays. Around her objects are flying, giving it a real “Twilight-esque” look. Lana calls the time we are going through “tumultuos” and claims she says that during these times she feels she needs time to herself far away from real life in order to “consider what her contribution to the world should be during these dark times.” 

She claims that every day she wakes up she wonders what she shall “cook for the children” and whether to stir the pot or take the day to rest and think to herself. She believes that “soemtimes just being pure of heart and having good intentions and letting thme be known, is the most worthy contibution an artist can make.” Here she is just saying that she believes making an album put with lots of thought and love to it is sometimes the most worthy thing an artist such as herself can do during these “dark times.” As predicted, Lana is basically saying that this album was made for her fans rather than herself, and her fans are crazy for it. As we already know, the Weeknd is going to be featured in her album and Lana has never had any other person featured in her songs. So as usual, Lana is not holding back and is ready to impress and relate to her fans. 

Travis is 19 in his fourth semester of college! He is considered a Junior at Molloy and majors in Accounting! When he discovered(?) Her Campus at his school he immediately joined and became a writer and the Instragram coordinator. Now he is proud to be a Campus Correspondent!