Dating Advice from Real Live College Guy Ethan DeAbreu!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Anon: When you’re sick, do you like somone taking care of you, or do you prefer to be left alone until you’re better?

Ethan: “When I’m sick I tend to prefer to be left alone. I’ll make my family recipes for a quick recovery! Although I do prefer to be left alone, kind gestures are not lost on me. It’s nice to see that someone cares about you when you’re not feeling well. It is the smallest things that say the most.”

Anon: If you could be any person in the world, who would you be and why? 

Ethan: “If I can be any person in the world I would be myself. I am comfortable with who I am as a person, and I find it sad people when people wish they were someone else. I believe that life is a precious thing, and it should not be taken lightly. We all have a responsibility to ourselves to be the best version of ourselves we can envision. Although I don’t wish to be anyone else; I do have role models that I try to emulate. I respect people that have carved their own paths, and that have persevered through adversity: Bruce Lee, Viktor Frankl, and Raymond John.”

Anon: If I asked you to cook me dinner, what would you make me?

Ethan: “First I would ask who you are, because I don’t cook for strangers! Maybe I would cook for you if you were a good friend of mine; I would cook you your favorite meal, or if you are a little more daring… I will cook you something you have never had before.”

Anon: What is the kindest thing you have ever done for someone?

Ethan: “I don’t really take inventory of the kind things I do. I just try to share my kindness with as many people as possible. I believe that in order for the world to be a better place, people need to be kinder to each other. By being kind, I mean being able to empathize with other people, and really understand their story, “why they are the way they are”. Throughout the school year I create charitable events, this year I hosted: a breast cancer fundraiser, Toys for Tots, and an event where food was made for the homeless.”

“I always hope that people don’t hesitate to help one another when they have a chance to. I feel that too many people just try to ignore people in need because it is a complication in their lives. I have a personal philosophy that makes me reach out to people when I see them hurting; some wounds can be healed with a few kind words, a hug, a smile, or even a hot meal. We are all human, so we cannot forget about our humanity.”

Submit your anonymous questions for our four Real Live College Guys, right here.

Check back next week for some guy advice from Gabe Cruz!

Twitter: @EthanDeAbreu

Instagram: @ethandeabreu