Dating Advice from Real Live College Guy Ethan DeAbreu!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Ethan DeAbreu is back with some friendly guy advice!

Anon: “Why are some guys so slow to make a move?”

Ethan: “Maybe you’re misinterpreting, or maybe he’s taking his time to get to know you a little bit better. Cause’ guys don’t like rushing things. You have to understand the difference between him being friendly and being flirty, it’s a pretty clear line. Contrary to popular belief men actually do think a lot, we like to weigh our decisions before we make them.”

Anon: How do I know if a guy likes me for my personality or for the way I look? 

Ethan: “First you have to have your gaurd up in order to filter through all the lies, some guys will tell you whatever you want to hear. If a guy starts telling you about his past or his deeper thoughts, it means you have his trust. If he prefers to spend quality time with you rather than any physical interactions, this too is a sign.”

Anon: When was your first kiss? 

Ethan: “The first girl I kissed was in 7th grade, while I used to live in New Jersey. I was twelve and she was thirteen.”

Anon: Can guys and girls actually be friends?

Ethan: “Of course they can! Friendship is something that happens naturally, it just happens. Personally I have a very diverse group of friends, and many of them are girls. There is literally no reason as to why both genders can’t be friends. When you are in a relationship it is a little different… sometimes friendship can turn into more than that. When in a relationship and your partner says that a friend ‘likes’ you, it is important that you listen. Also at the same time to avoid things like this, it is important that you make sure your partner knows that they are not competing for your affection. As long as you both stay aware and receptive to the others feelings there is no reason why you can’t have friends of the opposite gender.” 

Submit your anonymous questions for our three Real Live College Guys, right here.

Check back next week for some guy advice from Brian McGovern!

Twitter: @EthanDeAbreu

Instagram: @ethandeabreu