Campus Celebrity: Rich Zoller III

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

Richard Zoller the Third, otherwise known as RZ3, has been on the Molloy basketball team for the past four years. You might have noticed him around campus even if you don’t know his name because he’s pretty tall: Rich is 6 foot 9 inches! I got the chance to stand on a chair (I say that because I’m 4 foot 9 inches) and ask him a few questions.

Since you have been on the Molloy basketball team for the past 4 years,  what has been your favorite basketball memory?

“My favorite basketball memory was when my brother and I won the slam dunk contest at this year’s Maroon Madness. We had a lot of fun collaborating on it. The plan was he would stand under the basket while playing “Welcome To The Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses and I would dunk over him. After a few signed waivers for the school, we pulled it off!”

If you could compare yourself to any superhero, who would you compare yourself to and why?

“If I could compare myself to any superhero, it would be Batman, because secretly (or not so secretly now) I am the Dark Knight, bringing justice to Gotham.”

Besides being on the basketball team, what else have you done on campus?

“Throughout my four years here, I have been on Molloy Student Government, been on the Molloy College Student Athletic Advisory Committee, I was a part of Relay For Life, I have been involved with the Partner Project on campus, I been a member of the Molloy Performing Arts Club and saved Gotham multiple times.”

Do you have any special talents or skills?

“Special talents include but are not limited to the ability to reach things in tall places, putting the star on any Christmas tree, and having a personality fueled by wit, sarcasm, humor and optimism.”

What are your plans for after graduation?

“After graduation, I will be returning to Molloy for my masters in Finance, but more importantly,  I will be starting my career at the sixth largest accounting firm in the world, Grant Thorton. I will try to balance all of this while awaiting my long overdue acceptance letter to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

Do you have any last words for everyone at Molloy?

“Last words for the people of Molloy?  AHA! I tricked you all! I’ve been on stilts this entire time!

Seriously though, thank you all for taking this crazy ride through college with me and creating lasting memories that I’ll treasure forever. Molloy has truly been an amazing experience and I cannot wait to see what adventures lie ahead.

Sincerely,

Rich Zoller III”

Now that you’ve learned some things about RZ3, make sure you say hello to him when you see him on campus! Trust me, he is one of the friendliest guys I know at Molloy!

Angela is a Media Communications major with a New Media minor at Molloy College. She is also a writer for Her Campus Molloy and photographer for Molloy Life Media. When she is not testing out her photography skills or writing an new piece, Angela can be found hanging out with her friends or watching Netflix. She is very excited to continue working with all her fellow Her Campus staff members through the next few years while finishing up her degree at Molloy College.