5 Best Thanksgiving Dishes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Molloy chapter.

It’s Thanksgiving time!! Thanksgiving is a time to express our gratitude with family and friends. It’s also a time to celebrate the bringing of some bomb ass food going to your stomach! Whoop! Whoop! Be prepared for the annoying questions from family members asking about school, your non-existent love life, and why your love life is non-existent. Let’s not forget the amazing insults you get, but you have a clapback up your sleeve for all of them. The turkey won’t be the only thing that’s roasting!

So friends, ignore those insults and prepare your plate! Here are five traditional Thanksgiving dishes that you should have at your table this year:

5.) Turkey

Turkey is a must at every Thanksgiving dinner. We eat turkey, not because of how delicious it is, but because it is so big that everyone at the table can get a piece. 

4.) Gravy

The gravy boat is the most popular item on the dinner table. A thick gravy can save the blandest of meals AND save your taste buds! If you’re blessed enough to pour some extra gravy on your meal, be grateful! 

3.) Mashed Potatoes 

You can prepare your mashed potatoes with garlic, sculpt them into a bowl shape for the gravy, or even a bed for the turkey!

2.) Stuffing

This is Thanksgiving’s centerpiece. Stuffing is so good that we eat it willingly out of a dead animal’s butt.

1.) Pie

Everyone loves a good pie at the end of the meal(s). You can have pumpkin, pecan, apple, and more! Pie is the reason we push ourselves to “make room” and change into our sweatpants. You can’t go wrong with pie. 

I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving and remember to eat well!

Links for article photo and above photos: