person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Zach Rivera, ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Name: Zach Rivera

Graduation Year: June 2017

Major: Communications, minor in film and Spanish

Hometown: Inver Grove Heights

Her Campus: Why did you choose Minnesota State?

Zach Rivera: “I would say I applied to MSU basically just because I wanted to. It was either that, Hamline, or Winona. I just like the campus – seemed like a good place to be.”

HC: What are three words to describe you?

ZR: “Motivated, different (as in I want to do things that people have never done), and spontaneous.

HC: If your life was made into a movie, what would the title be and who would play you?

ZR: “Um, Will Smith. The title would have to do with enjoying something and not doing it for the money. If you took the money away, would you still enjoy it? So, the name of the movie would be ‘What’s Your Everything?’”

HC: What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life thus far?

ZR: “Definitely running a marathon. I plan on training for the Minneapolis Marathon coming up this fall as well.”

HC: What can you be found doing on the weekends?

ZR: “Working on editing pictures, going on adventures, taking photos, making videos, hanging with friends, and doing things to better suit my skills for the job I want after college.”

HC: What are your biggest turn-ons with girls?

ZR: “Sense of humor, (can I say naughty things?), fitness, a good smile, mentally driven to succeed – self-motivated, and my mom has to like her, has to be able to rap and sing to songs, adventurous. I don’t want to be inside… at all.”

HC: What are your turn offs?

ZR: “Unmotivated, care too much about appearance, self-centered, not attending/didn’t attend school, girls who burp – that grosses me out, bad manners – that’s a very big turn off, and Instagramming every day.”

HC: What is your ideal date?

ZR: “Take her out for a nice dinner, ask her what she wants to eat, if it was nice out, go for a walk or do something outside, depending on what I was feeling I would cook for her (I’m a decent cook), and then send her home – haha, just kidding. And then see if she wants to go do naughty things… just kidding. Then I would ask her if she wants to go on another date with me.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

ZR: “Hopefully somewhere that I want to be, but I am not going to assume anything because that is the worst thing that you can do. I hope to be comfortable at a job and starting to pay of student loans. Just hopefully honestly being comfortable.”

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

ZR: “Felicity Smoak from Arrow because of the way she rocks her tight dresses, and she’s nerdy.”

HC: What is your favorite Netflix binge series?

ZR: “Arrow. I finished the series in five days while hibernating in my room.”

HC: What are your bucket list musts?

ZR: “Skydiving, definitely traveling to different parts of the world, surfing, making a movie would be awesome, salsa dancing with a sexy Mexican.”

HC: What is your motivational quote?

ZR: “To be dedicated is one thing, but to give up things that you want to do for something greater is everything.”

Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau