Your Starter Kit to Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

It is finally spooky season everyone and that leaves the question, ‘What am I going to be for Halloween?’. Now there are some of us who have been planning their Halloween costume since last year after Halloween. But many of us last minute planners, like myself, are only starting to think about it right now. So I am here to give you some ideas, so you aren’t rummaging through your closet the night of the big Halloween party.

Anything from Netflix

Yes, you can get your costume ideas from just a binge watching session in your pajamas. There are many characters that could inspire you to get dressed up as them, such as Lara Jean from ‘To all the boys I loved before’. Or if you are waiting patiently, or not so patiently for the next season of Stranger Things, you could bring back the craze that spread the nation last year. If you are looking for a group costume for you and your friends look no further than the puberty filled Netflix Original ‘Big Mouth’. So whatever show you are binge watching, you can draw some inspiration from anywhere.

Any Decade Ever

This is an age old costume idea to use your favorite decade and put it in costume form. If you want to show your true 90’s baby colors you can dress up in some hot pink glitter butterfly clips and show off your 90’s fashion. Or you could go as someone from your favorite show from that generation. So go raid your closet, your mom’s or even your grandma’s closet and find what decade is your favorite and piece it together.

Memes

Memes are everywhere, and sometimes they don’t make sense but you can show off your favorite meme at a Halloween party and make people guess which one you are. If you are looking for a couple costume you could go as the latest meme craze, the moth and lamp meme that has most likely came across your instagram feed once or twice. You could even go as a classic meme with your significant other, such as the pizza rat.

Anything you want!

One of the great things about Halloween is you get to dress up as someone who inspires you, someone who you love. Or just someone you want to get a laugh out of. You get to be someone else for the night, and for some people that is a good thing. So get out there, be yourself and show off your creative side and rock the party.

Halloween is a fun time of the year, and a spooky one. Costumes let you express yourself in ways sometimes your normal clothes cannot. So have fun, be adventurous and put yourself out this halloween or stay in and binge on pizza and watch a Horror Movie marathon.

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.