This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you know me personally you know I am a HUGE country music fan and LOVE going to concerts.  The thrill you get from seeing your favorite artists on stage singing some of your favorite songs live right in front of you is a feeling like no other. I have spent as little as no money (won the concert tickets for free) to nearly $150 on one ticket to see my favorite artists. In the end, it was completely and 100% worth every penny spent. You create memories that will last a lifetime! Here are a couple reasons why concerts are my favorite:

1)    They reduce stress!

YES! You read that right! When you go to a concert that is all that is on your mind. Life kind of just goes on pause for a second while you are there and enjoying the moment. This is a really great stress relief and gives you something to look forward to.

2)    It is almost like its own community

When you are at a concert, you are in the building with people that love the same artist or band as you do. You are all there to experience the same concert and get the thrill of seeing the artist live. It is something like no other!

3)     The thrill of seeing your favorite song live

This is a BIG one for me! I always find myself in a state of awe when I can hear and see the artist play one of my favorite songs live right in front of me. It is an unexplainable experience. Not to mention after you hear it live, listening to it on Spotify or the radio just isn’t the same anymore because it is ALWAYS so much better in person.

I believe concerts have so many more benefits to your health than the three I just mentioned above. I will always spend money on concerts and the experience that comes with it. It is a memory and thrill that I will never forget. SO with that being said, go out and go to some concerts!

Kalli Steinberg

Minnesota '20

I am currently a senior at Minnesota State University - Mankato studying Business Marketing. I enjoy spending time with friends and family, being outside, running, working out and shopping.
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.