When Will Winter End?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

February 2nd was National Groundhog Day: when Mr. Groundhog came out of his little hole to see his shadow and to announce the arrival of the beloved spring. It is now the middle of April and there are no flowers or freshly mowed grass. While the temperature has been very bipolar, it has not yet gone above 60 degrees and is continually dropping to as low as 15 degrees Fahrenheit. Even worse, there is still snow on the ground. My question, “Is this a Minnesota thing or what the heck is wrong with our planet?” Whatever the answer may be, all we can do is survive this seasonal depression with a good- or not so good- attitude.

Things I have been doing to avoid laying around on cold, snowy days include heading to the gym/weight room, getting friends together to play a friendly game of volleyball, grabbing a good book, and bringing my laptop to my local coffee shop to be productive. As well as taking a one-credit dance class, doing yoga in the confines of my own home or at a nearby studio with an instructor, swimming laps at the local YMCA, and my very favorite, window-shopping at the mall. Window-shopping is quite fun once you get good at it.

Although it is April and there really should not be snow, I am grateful the evil white speckles have not touched the month of May yet. Until then, we can rest our heads on our warm comfy beds, or try to be as productive as the weather allows us. Spring is right around the corner. Or so I hope…

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.