This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

College students have a lot on their plate, and sometimes it can get stressful. While trying to earn a degree, some students work as well. Finding time to work and study can fill up a schedule, and it can be hard to stay focused. So, what motivates you?

Family: the people that may be most important in our lives.

Our families are proud to see our accomplishments, so when we are working hard in college they support us. If your family is what motivates you, then it’s important that you do your best. So, when each semester and year goes by, they see us staying motivated and ambitious to get a degree. What better support team to have than our family? Think about them when college gets difficult, they will keep you motivated.

Money: something we all wish to have whether it’s a lot or just enough.

Think about how your education will benefit the amount of money you will make once you graduate. Staying motivated by thinking about money could also lead you to work harder in your classes and keep your GPA up. If you work while in college, you can think about the money you are making now and what you can save up for. Although it may be to pay for tuition, you can always save up for a fancy meal instead of ramen noodles.  

Career: what career are you interested in?

You may be someone that is already set on a specific field, and that’s what drives you. Stay focused by thinking about how great it will be to finally work in the career you are so excited about. I am a freshman in college and I can’t wait to graduate and work in public relations. Can we skip the studying? No. Because all this studying will be worth it once we get to where we are going!

Travel: work to make money to travel.

This is what motivates me. I want to work hard and earn money so that I can travel the world. Life is short, explore whenever you get the chance. Keep positive and focused by thinking about all the traveling you can do once you have a good career.Five-year trips, annual trips or just small road trips are what I look forward to when I work hard.  

Traveling is what makes me happy. If I can be happy and motivated in college, then I know I can get through it. Always remind yourself why you are working so hard and what results you will get once you’ve graduated. It’s a small chapter in our lives that we can conquer. Find what motivates you and you’ll make it too.  

My name is Nicole Hallman. I am a junior at MNSU and will be graduating in fall 2019. I'm majoring in mass media and minoring in communication studies. My hobbies consist of drinking coffee, traveling and cuddling with my dog Saul.