What is Jimmy Butler’s Next Move?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The Timberwolves star, Jimmy Butler, has officially been traded to the Philadephia 76ers. The Minnesota Timberwolves has acquired Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless, and also a 2022 second-round pick in the NBA draft. This trade will be good for the Timberwolves because they were on a rough start to the beginning of the season.

Butler’s teammates on the Timberwolves never knew if he was going to be on the roster for the game. If he was going to be on the roster, would he be playing? There were so many uncertain circumstances that happened with Jimmy Butler on the team. Fresh faces and attitudes will help the Timberwolves get that jolt that they have been looking for.

“We never knew what was going to happen really,” Andrew Wiggins said of the situation

“We can move forward, we can build on it and get that chemistry going,” Wiggins said. “We’ve got some good pieces,”

”Just gotta keep bouncing back and try to bring some more pressure,” Gibson said. “I think the odds are against us, but I like those kinds of odds. Looking forward to attacking the next game.”

Following the 2018-2019 season, Jimmy Butler will be an unrestricted free agent. Philadelphia will be in the running for interest in Butler. The Sixers are also interested to get a deal done with Butler. Butler can sign a fiver-ear contract worth $190 millions, or four years for $141 million.

Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.