The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media

What It’s like being stuck in AR for the Disney College Program

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Disney is something that continuously releases magic until the lives of children and adults alike. With that a lot of people have wanted to experience it and to create magic for people at Disneyland or Disneyworld. From the role Disney can have in people’s lives, many people want to give back the magic and work at Disneyland or Disneyworld. Well, there is always one option to get started with: The Disney College Program, or DCP. This program is extremely competitive with only approximately 20% of applicants being accepted. Something I didn’t know when I applied to try and get in is that a lot of people get stuck in Application Received. I personally applied February 18th and haven’t moved forward in the process, while some people applied the first day and are still waiting. Luckily, someone in Application Received decided to make a facebook group for all the people who are also stuck in AR. So I reached out with a few questions from fellow people stuck in AR.  These are the questions I asked those who wanted to participate.

1.) May I use your name in my article? 2.) How do you feel about being in Application Received? 3.) How many times have you tried to get in?

3a.) Have you gotten in before? 4.) Do you think the process is fair? 5.) What is your favorite part of the process?

Elsie — Has been in AR since January 22nd

1. Yes

2. “It’s tough most days. I graduated High School early to apply, and the first few weeks of silence weren’t awful, but after awhile, you start second guessing yourself. I’ve learned to not place my worth in this.”

3. First Time apply

4. “I think the system is more random than it should be. I applied on the very first day, so it’s hard seeing people who applied two weeks ago getting accepted.”

5. “Even though this process is tough, I still Love Disney a lot! There is a ton of nostalgia in their movies for me.”

Abbey — Has been in AR since January 18th

1. Yes

2. ”I genuinely feel that the application process is unfair and random as I used my same application to apply to a full time job in the parks and I got a (WBI) Web based Interview the following day and an offer to interview the minute I completed the WBI. The process feels grueling and it’s draining to your morale.

3.) Second time Applying for the DCP

4.) In question 2

5.) “Best part of the process is meeting the supportive people who are going through the same thing you are and have the same love of Disney that you do.”

These were just a couple of responses out of five who participated. I’m extremely grateful for their time and their answers. Everyone is extremely supportive of each other in the Facebook Group, and it reminds you that. Like said by Abbey, everyone is extremely supportive in the Facebook groups! It reminds you that you are not alone, you are not the only one stuck in AR and you can make it! Anything can happen when it comes to Disney so don’t give up, no matter what happens! As someone on the Facebook group mentioned; “No one’s journey is the same. You’ll get accepted when you are meant to. So keep holding onto Hope, and as words from cast members people who are about to become ones or those who hope to become one.

Sending Pixie Dust <3

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.