Style

Websites That’ll Make Online Shopping Worth Your While

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I hate shopping, especially for clothes. But that doesn’t make looking good any less necessary. I still must have professional clothes on hand for potential interviews, and fashionable season-appropriate clothes are needed to survive the brutal Minnesota winters and summers. That said, I avoid in store shopping if I can help it, and thanks to a few websites, a few hours scouring the internet for reasonable fashion pieces are now totally worth it.

UNiDAYS

If you’ve not heard of this website, then where have you been? Unidays is probably the most well-known student discount provider, and it’s totally free! All you need to do is sign up with a valid school email address and you’ll have access to a whole lot of exclusive student discount codes. Even better, the discounts are not exclusive to fashion; you can find sweet Tech and Lifestyle deals as well.

STUDENT BEANS

Much like Unidays, Student Beans offers exclusive discounts to members. Membership is free, and you only need to re-verify your account every year in order to confirm that you’re still a student. The great thing about this website is that most, if not all, of the discounts that are offered here are not offered on other discount services like Unidays. So, you can definitely sign up for both websites and get the best of both worlds (I know I did!)

EBATES

Ebates is a cashback website. This means that they don’t offer discount codes, only cashback opportunities for members. Membership is free for all (including non-students), but you must follow the link provided by Ebates to the store of your choice in order to get the cashback. This can be a hassle sometimes, especially since it’s easy to forget to do this every time you want to buy something online. So, it’s best if you install an Ebates extension on your browser. This way, whenever you visit a website that has a partnership with Ebates, you’ll be prompted to activate your cashback.

SHOPTAGR

This is not as popular as the above websites, but it should be! Shoptagr works as a sort of shopping assistant, where you can save a product you really like and sign up for real-time notifications for when the item gets back in stock or goes on sale. You just need to sign up, install the button on your browser, and click on it to bookmark whatever item you’re interested in.

Note that all the websites mentioned above are not exclusive to clothing shoppers. You can find Tech deals, grocery deals, and Beauty deals on these websites. Happy shopping!

Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.