This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Tax season is finally here and it is time to get your well-earned money back into your pocket. When you get your paycheck and see how much is taken out for taxes really sucks and honestly for me it really pisses me off. You worked hard for that money but now you can get it back. Most people have plans with how they are going to use their tax money, but if you have no idea I am here to help with a few ideas. You can spend it all on one thing, maybe there is something you have been wanting for a long time and now you can finally treat yourself. Or you can space the money out and use it on multiple different things. 

• Pay off some of your debt! Debt is not fun and it is something that is always a burden. 

• Put some aside into your savings account. 

• Splurge on something you have been wanting to get. Maybe it is a new tv or some high-end makeup

• Take a trip alone or with some friends. There is one place everyone wishes to go so why not make that happen now with the money you got back. 

• Pamper yourself. Go get a nice massage and a facial

• Make some home repairs. Update your kitchen or bathroom and have some fun with it. 

These are just some of many ideas. Tax season is something we look forward to so why not make the best of it. Spend your money wisely but do not be afraid to treat yourself and do things that make you happy.

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.