This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

When the weather gets colder, your body starts to take a toll both mentally and physically. You start to get coped up in your house with a lot to do. For me that makes my seasonal depression skyrocket. No one likes to be sad and feeling like nothing is going to get better. Trust me I have been there and I am in that position right now. I am here to help you find ways to boost yourself out of the blues.

First, it is okay to have to spend some time alone and away from everything, but not too much time. I would suggest that you cuddle up in bed with your favorite snacks and turn something on the tv that makes you happy. Your friends are always going to be there for you, don’t hesitate to tell them what is going on in your life. Because they may be going through the same thing and you can all be there for each other. Go out with your friends, whether it be going to dinner, going bowling or just having a girls night in game night. Surrounding yourself with people you love and care about is very important. 

https://unsplash.com/photos/Y9mWkERHYCU

No one’s life is perfect and no one is always happy. It is okay to be down and have the blues but make sure you are taking care of yourself. Do not hide your emotions someone is always going to be there for you and will you get out of the funk you are in. 

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.