Upcoming Shows this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The time of year has come again, where either our favorite shows are back again for another season or a brand new show is about to have its premiere. With school just starting it’s nice to have one, two or maybe every day where we can sit back for one, two, or a few hours to watch a show and then wait a whole week to see the next episode because they gave us such a cliffhanger. But having these shows each week may help us with our Netflix binges because we have no choice but to wait a whole week. Here are some of the most anticipated shows this fall.

Monday’s

Dancing With the Stars

This season some of the big stars are taking on the dance floor including two Rio Olympians Ryan Lochte and Laurie Hernandez, Jana Cramer country singer and formally on One Tree Hill, and a surprise in the mix Amber Rose, oh and we can’t forget about Vanilla Ice. Dancing with the stars premieres on September 12th on ABC.

The Voice

Taking over the fame of American Idol, The Voice is back on with two new judges, Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys, and of course the originals Blake Shelton and Adam Levene. Catch this show September 19th on NBC.

Also on Monday’s…

The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

Supergirl (CW)

Gotham (FOX)

Kevin Can Wait (CBS) – NEW!

Man With a Plan (CBS) – NEW!

2 Broke Girls (CBS)

Jane the Virgin (CW)

Lucifer (FOX)

The Odd Couple (CBS)

Conviction (ABC) – NEW!

Scorpion (CBS)

Timeless (NBC) – NEW!

Tuesday’s

Scream Queens

The Ladies of Kappa Kappa Tau are back and did I mention two new male characters as well Taylor Lautner and John Stamos will be playing doctors in Season 2. Get ready because the Channels will be attending medical school in become doctors, as if they are capable of doing so. The doctors are in September 20th on FOX.

This Is Us

You will start to cry even watching this trailer for this new show. The show is based on these people sharing the same birthday and so much more than anyone would expect. This show is about how people’s paths cross and stores intertwine in ways you couldn’t imagine. The presumptions you have on these people will change September 20th on NBC.

Also on Tuesday’s…

The Middle (ABC)

NCIS (CBS)

The Flash (CW)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)

American Housewife (ABC) – NEW!

New Girl (FOX)

Fresh Off the Boat (ABC)

Bull (CBS) – NEW!

No Tomorrow (CW) – NEW!

The Real O’Neals (ABC)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)

NCIS: New Orlean (CBS)

Chicago Fire (NBC)

Wednesday’s

Survivor

33rd season, need I say more. If you haven’t tried watching Survivor I suggest giving it a shot, a show with that many season, you can’t go wrong. See if you can survive the season premieres September 21st on CBS.

Empire

This glamorous family dynasty is back for a third season growing their media company, Empire Entertainment. The events and trauma that this family goes through might look a little different than yours but they are determined to overcome events and move on to grow their Empire. Check it out on September 21st on FOX.

Also on Wednesday’s…

The Goldbergs (ABC)

Arrow (CW)

Lethal Weapon (FOX) – NEW!

Blindspot (NBC)

Speechless (ABC)- NEW!

Modern Family (ABC)

Criminal Minds (CBS)

Frequency (CW) – NEW!

Law & Order: SVU (NBC)

Black-ish (ABC)

Designated Survivor (ABC) – NEW!

Code Black (CBS)

Chicago P.D. (NBC)

Thursday’s

Grey’s Anatomy

I can’t put this show into words other than life or death. Don’t get turned off by that word its just the doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial hospital deal with that on a daily basic if not a patient, each other. Not only do you get connect with the doctors but each episode you can connect with the patients as well. By the end of the show the doctors will feel more and more like your best friends. The trauma and drama continues September 22nd on ABC.

Pitch – NEW!

A girl playing baseball doesn’t come very often, but a woman playing on a Major League Baseball team is almost unreal. She can throw just as hard as the males. She is ready to prove herself on the field just as the boys do. The first Pitch will be thrown September 22nd on FOX.

Also on Thursday’s…

The Great Indoors (CBS) – NEW!

Mom, Life in Pieces (CBS)

Pure Genius (CBS) – NEW!

DC’s Legeneds of Tomorrow (CW)

Rosewood (FOX)

Superstore (NBC)

The Good Place (NBC) – NEW!

Notorious (ABC) – NEW!

Supernatural (CW)

Chicago Med (NBC)

How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

The Blacklist (NBC)

Friday’s

Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon

You will be caught laughing this entire show, it lets us in on hijinks that are captured on dash cams, news crews, and cells phones. You get storytelling while the video is being played so you know exactly what went on the whole time is was being shot. Get caught Friday’s this Fall on NBC.

Shark Tank

If you have an ingenious idea this show is for you. The Sharks invest in American’s best businesses and products for a shot at their product. These people can potentially secure business deals that could then make them millionaires. Jump in the Tank September 23rd on ABC.

Also on Friday’s…

Last Man Standing (ABC)

MacGyver (CBS) – NEW!

The Vampire Diaries (CW)

Hell’s Kitchen (FOX)

Dr. Ken (ABC)

Hawaii Five-O (CBS)

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)

The Exorcist (FOX) – NEW!

Grimm (NBC)

20/20 (ABC)

Blue Bloods (CBS)

Dateline (NBC)

Sunday’s

Once Upon a Time

Not your typical fairy tale is back for another season. This forest filled classic like fairy tale is taken place in Storybrooke. A curse was broken that then traped them there with dangers, magic and different worlds. After the shocking season 5 finale you can soon be reunited September 25th on ABC.

Quantico

A FBI based show, where a diverse groups of recruits go for training on a base when suddenly they are suspected of a masterminding the biggest attack on New York City snice 9/11. This show is just starting out and only on its second season so you have time to catch up! Take on this show starting September 25th on ABC.

Also on Sunday’s… 

NCIS: LA (CBS)

Son of Zorn (FOX) – NEW!

Secrets and Lies (ABC)

Madam Secretary (CBS)

Family Guy (FOX)

The Last Man on Earth (FOX)

Quantico (ABC)

Elementary (CBS)

Enjoy the Fall 2016 shows!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.
Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau