This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

With the $4.99 a month Student Plan that Spotify offers, it’s almost a no-brainer for college students (PLUS the recent addition to Hulu). I’ve had my Spotify account for the last two years and am constantly looking to add new songs and playlists. According to the Spotify website, I was able to find the top 10 most popular artists as of October 2017. If you haven’t already, make sure to add these trendy artists to your playlist!

1. Ed Sheeran- Ed’s song “Shape of You” is constantly in my head! A fun, more upbeat tune in comparison to his ballads.

2. Maroon 5-  From their current hit “Cold” to a classic like “She Will Be Loved”, you’re bound to find the perfect song for you.

3. Post Malone- One of my favorites! Make sure to check out his hit “I Fall Apart” if you haven’t already.

4. J. Balvin- An up and coming Colombian artist, J. Balvin has recently released a couple songs in 2017 such as “Mi Gente” and “Hey Ma.”

5. Taylor Swift- Taylor has only recently been back into the Spotify world and she’s already in the top 5?!

6. Imagine Dragons- An amazing group! Make sure to check them out in concert if you ever get the chance, 10/10 recommend.

7. Sia- Sia might hide her face during performances with her massive wig, but it’s no secret that she’s seriously talented! A couple of my personal favorites include “Breathe Me,” “Chandelier,” and “Cheap Thrills.”

8. Dua Lipa-  An English songwriter and model, Dua Lipa has written one of my favorite songs, “Scared to be Lonely.” She’s also known for her songs “New Rules” and “Hotter than Hell”.

9. Camilla Casbello- “Crying in the Club” has landed Camilla Casbello in the top 10 of October 2017 artists. You can’t go far without hearing her new single!

10. Willy William-  A French DJ, singer, and songwriter. Willy William was someone I had never heard of, but am now curious to check him out! In 2017, he’s dropped a couple songs such as “Mi Gente” and “Ego”.

The Girl With the Hot Pink Bow is an alias made for Her Campus MNSU writers that may want to stay anonymous on an article they write for various reasons.
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.