This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Juggling a social life, college, a job, and a killer closet can be expensive, but for those that can scope out jaw-dropping deals thrift shopping, it doesn’t have to be expensive at all!

One of my favorite thrifting accounts, @ohmythrifts on Instagram, makes it her passion to find and re-sell her Goodwill, Salvation Army and garage sale finds. Her profile highlights a brand-new pair of Hunter boots, a pristine pair of Gucci loafers and mint condition collegiate apparel – all bought for next to nothing.

If you prefer the virtual route, MSU Mankato Buy & Sell is an online Facebook group that hosts virtual sales. Mankato Area Garage Sale is another great marketplace site! Madison Avenue is home to quite a few thrift stores that are great places to start your search.

If you’ve ever considered thrifting, now is a great time to start. Happy hunting!

Amanda is a Law Enforcement major at Minnesota State University, Mankato. She began her senior year of college in August, 2017. When she's not on campus she works as a toddler teacher. Amanda also serves as the co-chair of Diversity and Recruitment for MNSU Her Campus.