Thor Holstad ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Name: Thor Holstad

Hometown: Albertville

Year: junior

Major: accounting

Relationship Status: single – as a pringle and ready to mingle

HC: Why did you decide on coming to school at MNSU?

Thor Holstad: “Uh I was originally going to go to Duluth, but one of my teammates, Tanner Mills, told me to come here, so I was like ‘yeah sure.’”

HC: When you’re not on campus, what are three activities that you may be doing?

TH: “Working out, spending time with family and friends, and studying.”

HC: What is your secret obsession?

TH: “My secret obsession is Oreos. Haha.”

HC: What is your dream date?

TH: “For date #1, I slide into your DM’s and later we Netflix and chill. For date #3 (when I’m rich and famous), we will go out to a five-star restaurant (with a girl who wants to be with me and not my money), then go watch the sunset on a lake, and stargaze. Date #2 is a surprise.”

HC: What do you look for in a potential girlfriend?

TH: “She works out and is into my weird humor. Can put up with my shit.”

HC: Where do you picture yourself five years from now?

TH: “Hopefully I’ll have a job set-in-stone at an accounting firm. I want to get my CPA right away and be a public accountant. Then I’ll probably switch to private accounting after a couple of years and move out of state – anywhere that doesn’t have snow.”

HC: How do you like your coffee?

TH: “I don’t drink coffee. I use Herbalife!”

HC: Who is your man crush?

TH: “Ryan Reynolds. That’s what I said in high school too. Yep, he’s the man.”

HC: Would you rather be rich and ugly, or poor and good looking?

TH: “Poor and good looking. I have a good enough mentality that I can work my way up.”

HC: Do you have any tattoos?

TH: “Yep, I have one right now. It’s on the back of my right shoulder – Thor’s hammer. I also want one written in Norwegian that says ‘forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.’ The third one I want to get will say ‘all for you’ because my whole life my parents have given me so much and I have been wanting to give back to them for so long. I figured that winning the body transformation challenge through Herbalife, it would give me some evidence that this stuff works. My whole goal was to take first place so my mom would try out the products because she has been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now and I finally found something that I knew would work. This was my driving factor every day that I went to work out. She was a little stubborn at first, but I finally got her to try it out and she has already lost fourteen pounds. She now feels awesome. This was step one of giving back to my parents. Another meaning behind the tattoo is to always have a purpose to whatever you do in life.”

HC: What is your biggest turn off that girls do?

TH: “There’s a lot, but when girls are attention whores – then I know they are definitely talking to another guy. Um, [deep thinking] burping too loud, like a belch – it makes me want to throw up – sweet Jesus! Calm yourself! Other than that, I’m pretty lenient.”

HC: What activities are you involved with on campus?

TH: “I go to class and go to the library. Taco Bell and Chick-Fil-A. Nothing really.”

HC: If someone could sing the soundtrack to your life, who would it be?

TH: “Kenny Chesney.”

HC: Is there anything interesting about you that not everyone knows?

TH: “I play tennis. My left eye also looks like a keyhole.”

HC: How do you feel about being chosen as the Campus Cutie?

TH: “Fricken honored as shit.”

HC: What’s your favorite restaurant?

TH: “Fogo de Chao.”

HC: Top 3 on bucket list?

TH: “Getting my family healthy, travel the world, and live a happy life. A lot of people are way too stressed out. They focus way too much on work and forget to live their life.” 

Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau