yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Things to Look Forward to for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

There are lots of great things to look forward to after summer. Whether it be the cool weather or all the activities to do, they all involve the wonderful season of Autumn or as most like to call it, Fall. 

The Crisp Weather and Leaves 

Sleeping with your windows open and getting a cool breeze as you sleep is just one of the wonderful things that the fall brings. Another wonderful thing about the fall is the leaves changing into beautiful colors, red, orange, yellow and random colors in between colors are like rainbows dancing on the trees. Some may disagree and say that the crisp air means winter is coming but if you just appreciate fall as long as possible it won’t be as bad.

Halloween

A holiday where you can be whatever you want to be, what could be better? And if you are smart enough you go around and get candy and have it for the next few months. Lots of girls dress up in groups or you can even dress as a couple. You can even stay in the dorms, apartment, or house and hand out candy to kids that come by. Don’t forget to try Trail of Terror and even the CSU has a haunted house! Whatever you do, find a way to celebrate this fall holiday.

Boot Season

Flip flops are great and all but your summer pedicure is probably not looking as great as it did at the beginning of the summer. Hunters, UGGs, Sorrels, Doc Martins, Timberlands, Sperry’s, and many more have a great selection of fall and winter boots. And let me be the first to tell you, you need a good pair of boots for the weather that we have in Minnesota.

The Many Things to do

Haunted hayrides, apple orchards, and pumpkin patches, are some of the fun things that you can do during the Fall season. If you don’t have a boy toy to go with, it is just as cute to go with a bunch of girlfriends! You could go on a wagon hay ride, drink some fresh apple cider, and take some cute pictures. Also there is always a ton of fresh produce you can get at a local farmer’s market or orchards: like apples, squash, cauliflower, and broccoli.

Scents

If you haven’t bought yourself a WoodWick candle you are already doing it wrong. Lighting candles, buying yourself the perfect fall drink, and pretty much anything Apple or Pumpkin scented all smell amazing and are perfect for cuddling up with the windows open and watching a classic Halloween movie.

Decorating

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then yes it is coming, Christmas are all good excuses to decorate your home! Target has some great deals in the $1 section for easy ways to decorate. It 

is super easy to get into the spirit by just adding a couple pumpkins or any other sort of décor to your house!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.
Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau