Style > Beauty

Survive Winter With These Four Essential Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

This upcoming winter season is all about hydration, hydration, hydration! Yes, even my fellow oily-skinned ladies are going to want to keep their moisturizers close by these next few months. It can be hard to keep skin balanced when the cold starts to roll in, so here are some products you may be interested in to keep your skin looking supple and glowing!

Glossier Priming Moisturizer or Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich

Want soft skin and a moisturizer that is going to look Insta-worthy on your vanity? Look no further! The Glossier Priming Moisturizer ($22) is a nice, light lotion you can use before your makeup, or just whenever you want an extra boost of hydration. If you have very dry skin, a good alternative is the Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich ($35). With the same priming benefits but with a thicker formula, you’ll get soft skin in no time.

Milk Makeup Lip and Cheek

Milk Makeup Lip and Cheek ($24) has a cream stick formulation, meaning it is not going to be as drying as powder products. With mango butter and avocado oil, this blush/lip product will melt into your skin and keep you hydrated. A pretty flush of color on the cheeks will make you look like you just stepped in from the cold without the wind stripping you of moisture.

Skin and Lab Red Cream

Korean skincare is very in right now, and not for no reason. Skin and Lab’s Red Cream ($35) has a bouncy, gel like consistency that gives intense hydration. Be warned: this is not a moisturizer to use right before you need to run out the door. It takes some time to absorb into the skin, but it is so worth it when it does. If you want to have bright, glass-like skin, put this cream on at night and wake up with more supple skin in the morning!

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

Ladies, if there is anything to take away from this article, let it be this: keep your lips hydrated! With the winter months coming up, cuffing season has started. You’ll want to keep your lips as soft and pretty as your skin, and these Sugar Lip Treatment’s by Fresh ($24) will help you accomplish that. With the choice between a variety of colors or no color, you’ll have irresistibly hydrated lips in no time.

Molly Olson is a sophomore at MNSU
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.