Stranger Things 2 is Here and It’s a Must-Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

*Spoilers Ahead*

If you haven’t heard by now, Stranger Things 2 has hit Netflix. It’s this fall’s must-watch show, and it’ll have you falling in love with the cast all over again.

This season brought so many new twists, of course involving all of the fan-favorites, and even introduced a few new faces.

Season Two takes place a year after Will’s disappearance, he suffers horrible PTSD and flashbacks to his time in the Upside Down. El is still presumed dead, but we later learn that she’s alive and well. And is living with Hopper!

We meet so many new people this season. Bob is first. He is Joyce’s love interest and just wants the best for everyone. He’s the most underrated cast member this season, and his death is sure to bring tears to your eyes.

Maxine is next, she’s the new girl in town. Lucas and Dustin are immediately shown to have interest in her. After all, she is a total badass that love videos games. What more could they ask for?! Along with Maxine, is her awful brother. Right from the start, you just want to hit him for being such a jerk, which his sister finally does.

Nancy’s love triangle is still as strong as ever. We see her leaning more towards Jonathan this season, while Steve steps in and still fights for her love. FINALLY, we still Nancy and Jonathan kiss this season, which we’ve been waiting for since day one.

Speaking of love, who could forget about El and Mike?! Up until the final episode, Mike believes that El is dead. We see that El often tries to leave and find Mike, but never shows herself; she only watches. She finally comes back in the end, and everyone gets what they’ve been waiting for. Mike and El KISS! Just how we wanted Season 2 to end.

There is a lot in store for the third season, too bad we have to wait for it! Producers have said that they’re in talks for renewing for four or five seasons. We will have to wait and see what happens!

Currently, a fifth year student at MNSU, Mankato majoring in History with a minor in Psychology. Self proclaimed Netflix and coffee addict with a passion for writing. 
Lindsay is Vice President of Her Campus MNSU and is currently in her third year at MNSU, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis on Psychology, Sociology and Corrections. She loves to write, which makes being a part of Her Campus one of her favorite things. Aside from writing, Lindsay enjoys collaborating, helping and teaching others.