This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Even if you aren’t going somewhere special for spring break, there are still a few tips I have in order for YOU to be safe and stress-free over the week:

Take a break from work and school, but don’t forget about it.

• It is a real hassle if you come back from a nice, long break to a boatload of homework, paperwork, or an endless amount of to-dos on your list. What I recommend for this issue is to take half an hour out of every other day on your break to check up on your commitments or your schedule for the week of your return. In the morning or right before you go to bed are great time options. There might not be much you can do if you are vacationing elsewhere, but it is something to keep in mind so that you are not completely thrown back into a world of stress after just being in a world of relaxation.

Always have a buddy.

• Being in a foreign place on your own, surrounded by unfamiliar people is a scary feeling. Spending a whole week sleeping in and spending too much time with yourself is also a scary feeling. We all need a buddy over spring break to, not only, watch out for us, but also, just for the company.

Do not overindulge.

• Being too intoxicated to the point of being sick or a nuisance to others is never fun. Be sure to pace yourself and know how many is too many, when it comes to alcohol. Also, DO NOT take drinks from people you do not know. Keep a close eye on your beverage if you happen to be at a party or any sort of social gathering.

• Spring break gives you plenty of time to cook a lot of yummy (maybe not so healthy) food! Try not to over indulge in this, and make sure to stay active over this time. It sucks to come back to reality feeling lazy and quite possibly, ten pounds heavier.

I think it’s safe to say, HAVE FUN!

• There are reasons for us all to be safe over spring break and there are just as many for us all to have fun. Why not do both?

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.