This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Continuing on with writing about Star Wars, This week the movie we will be talking about is Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones. Released on May 12th, 2002 the movie collected 115 million in box office. This movie is one of the least liked movies along with the prequel movies in general. One of the reasons that the movie isn’t liked among a lot of people is Anakin’s dialogue. A quick example of his dialogue is “I don’t like sand, it’s coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere”. However, as we all know Anakin was a slave and then became a jedi; They are not trained to flirt or to show someone that they like them. So personally I think they wrote his lines perfectly for how he grew up! Now onto the movie’s storyline, spoilers ahead!

The movie Attack Of The Clones takes place 10 years after Episode 1: The Phantom Menace; Queen Amidala, who is now Senator Amidala after her term as queen ended, is heading to Coruscant to take part in a very important vote. When they are arriving the transport that they are taking is attacked, luckily they had an idea that there would be an attack. After the attack Chancellor Palpatine asks Senator Amidala to have a Jedi protector, Yoda then offers for Obi-Wan to be her protector since they have known each other for some time. Obi-Wan brings his padawan, Anakin Skywalker, to help protect the Senator, however while under their protection her life is threatened once again. Causing Padme and Anakin to go into hiding on Naboo, her home planet.

While Anakin and Padme were on Naboo, Obi-Wan went to Kamino, a planet that was no longer on the Jedi’s archives, to find a bounty hunter who they believed to be the killer. While on Kamino, Obi-Wan discovers that an old Jedi master had ordered a clone army to be made for an up-coming war. After a little more digging from Obi-Wan, he finds that the bounty hunter is indeed on Kamino and the person who donates his DNA to create the clones. After a slight fight between both Kenobi and the bounty hunter, he follows the hunter to the planet Geonosis. Once Obi-Wan gets there he sends a message to Anakin and Padme; who had found their way to Tatooine, and asks them to get help from the Jedi temple as he starts to get attacked by the locals and taken into capture. 

Anakin was ordered to stay away from Geonosis to protect Padme, however, Padme drags Anakin to Geonosis to save his Master. After just losing his mother, Padme wanted to make sure that he did not lose anyone else in his life. After arriving at Geonosis the two of them get captured as well, leaving both of the Jedi’s chained on a pole along with Padme, who climbed to the top to escape the monsters that were coming to end their lives. While they are trying to stay alive, the Jedi appear to help rescue the trio, it then turns to an all out fight between the Jedi and Droids. Many died while the fight was going on and the Jedi’s were saved by Yoda coming in with the Clone reinforcements.

Obi-Wan and Anakin chase after Count Dooku to try and end the war before it starts, however, they fail to do so when they don’t work together and instead get very injured. Yoda comes in and fights with Dooku before he flees in the spaceship, the movie ends with Padme and Anakin having their secret wedding. Until next time!

The Story Continues; May the Force be with you.

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.