Shop the Cause: tentree

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Tentree was founded on the basis that consumers want to know they are contributing to the well-being of the planet. For every item bought, 10 trees will be planted somewhere in the world. They are committed to stewardship, transparency and community.

“Ten trees can have an incredible impact on the ecosystems we plant in. All trees planted are local species, often times in some of the harshest regions. We use “pioneer” species to ensure survival and often plant more than ten trees per item to guarantee ten trees SURVIVE for every item sold. We aim to plant in areas that have the greatest need. This includes: Madagascar and Ethiopia.”

On the website, they keep a running tab on how many trees have been planted and so far over 7 million trees been planted through this movement. You can also see where your trees are planted after you make a purchase on the treemap section of the website.

Tentree partners with not-for-profits and communities in the planting areas to ensure a lasting impact. They also partner with organizations like Canadian Wildlife Federation. WeForest, American Forests, Eden Reforestation, Trees for the Future and many more.

The trees planted with tentree are done so to help solve an ever increasing problem. ”The impact of these trees extends far beyond the environment; it provides communities with jobs, sustenance, and a future. The effect of each and every tree will be felt for generations to come.”

By purchasing items from tentree you not only get uniquely branded clothing, but you also help an area in need by having ten trees planted for your purchase!

Make sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, and visit their website to start making a global impact.

Wannabe World Traveler.Adventure Seeker.Minnesota Living.Lover of Sports.Avid Coffee Drinker.