Shop the Cause: Lokai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Sometimes you’ve hit a low. Stay hopeful.” The black bead in the bracelet holds mud from the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.

Sometimes you’re on top of the world. Stay humble.” The white bead holds water from Mount Everest, the highest point on earth.

Lokai bracelets bring these elements together to show that life is full of cycles. The clear beads represent our own story, one we can share with the world.

When you purchase a lokai, 10 percent of net profits will be donated to a variety of charities including:

• Save the Children – which gives children in the U.S. and around the world a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm,
  • Susan G. Komen – which is the world’s largest breast cancer organization,
  • World Wildlife Fund (WWF) – exists to conserve nature and reduce threats to life on Earth,
  • Best Buddies International – is dedicated to creating one-on-one friendships, employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities,
  • charity: water – which is committed to bringing clean and safe drinking water to developing countries,
  • Cure Alzheimer’s Fund – an organization committed to funding for prevention, slowing and/or reversing the disease,
  • Pencils of Promise – whose goal is increasing success to quality education by creating schools. Programs and communities around education,
  • Music Beats Hearts – provides the power of music to sick patients in hospitals,
  • American Himalayan Foundation – supports vital education, health care and cultural and environmental preservation throughout the Himalayan region,
  • Bent on Learning – is focused of teaching yoga to urban youth in New York public schools, and
  • Kind Campaign – which brings awareness and healing to the negative and lasting effects of girl-against-girl bullying.

Life is full of joy and sadness, and we can all relate to its highs and lows. I hope that lokai will remind you to stay balanced and centered along your journey.

-Steven Izen, Founder of Lokai

Find your balance. #livelokai

Wannabe World Traveler.Adventure Seeker.Minnesota Living.Lover of Sports.Avid Coffee Drinker.