Style

SHEIN Winter Clothing Haul: Top Picks from My Last Order

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but since quarantine and the pandemic hit, all this added time at home has hurt my wallet more than if we were allowed to live like normal. All of the down time that I have at home has led me to spending hours upon hours on my computer finding things that I really don’t need but want! SHEIN is somewhere I have ordered off of many times and surprisingly never had too much of an issue with. The price point is great, and you can get trendy, cute pieces to reflect what is in style at the moment. Something I always do is make sure I am looking at the reviews and pictures that other people have uploaded about the particular piece to make sure it’s right for me. My last order was amazing, so I thought, why not share with all of you?! So, without further ado, let’s get into my favorite winter finds from my last SHEIN order!

Cream Turtleneck Sweater ($13)

This turtleneck is a must have staple in my closet. I have so many and I get a lot of use out of each of them, so I don’t feel bad having 10 in my closet. It is great for layering and can easily be paired with a flannel or jacket and call it a day! This one is especially comfy, soft, and a really great stretchy material! I stuck to my normal size of medium but if you wanted an oversized look, size up.

Drop Shoulder Solid Long Sleeve ($10)

For myself, I find myself always gravitating towards pieces that are really basic and plain so I can wear them in many different ways. This piece is definitely that! It is a super comfy long sleeve shirt that is a little cropped and has flowy bell sleeves. My favorite thing about this piece is that it isn’t skintight like a lot of clothes nowadays. I picked this shirt up in a rust brown color that is perfect for this time of year!

Solid Crop Top Pants Set ($24)

This set is the most expensive thing I bought in this order but is also one of my favorites! Two-piece comfy sets have really been in this year and this is something that fits the bill. This set also has over 1,200 reviews and 4.5 stars so you know it’s good! It is stretchy but hugs your body in the right way to accentuate your beautiful curves. I sized down in this since I am pretty short (5ft 2in) and was curious about how long the pants would be on me, but they worked out perfectly. I just got my order today, but I know this will be a set that won’t be hung up in my closet for long.

Flap Detail Tartan Crop Jacket ($11)

This jacket IS IT! It is so amazing, so when you are reading this, do not walk, RUN to the website to get this! This has to be my #1 pick from this order! The flannel jacket trend is super in right now and this one is perfect. I would recommend sizing up one or two sizes in this since it is cropped, and I usually like wearing a chunky sweater under jackets like this. I picked this up in the apricot color to match all of the other neutral tones that I have in my closet. I mean $11 for a top; how could you not get it?!

Solid Top Tie Front Pants Set ($16)

Another set! When I tried this on, I fell in love. It is so comfy that I see myself wearing this on a lazy Sunday lounging around my house doing nothing! I was surprised about how well this fit (I got a medium in navy blue) since I had only one option for the top and bottom. The top of this set isn’t cropped which I love and the elastic on the pants hugs my waist perfectly. This set is definitely one of my top 3 picks. It has over 1,000 reviews, 5 stars and all the pictures from previous buyers looked amazing too!

Flap Detail Drop Shoulder Buffalo Plaid Jacket ($17)

BUFFALO PLAID! Oh, my goodness, I love this print! I thought that this jacket was going to be the same material as the other jacket I had ordered and wow, it is not in the best way. This coat feels like a soft blanket and is so warm. Again, this jacket is cropped so I sized up to a size large. This piece has over 4,000 amazing reviews and almost 5 stars! I can so see now why everyone on the site was raving over this. This is going to be a staple in my closet because it will go with any color sweater or shirt and can be paired with some black jeans and booties. The perfect winter fit!

Pocket Patched Drop Shoulder Cord Coat ($12)

This is described as a coat, but I would have to disagree. This is more of a flannel like material that would be great for layer rather than on its own. This piece is giving me the vibe that I got this from my Grandpa’s closet in the best way! I mean, I really do think my Grandpa has something similar in his closet! I am excited for this piece because it is something different and like nothing else that I have in my closet. I have the perfect tan cropped shirt to put under this with some light washed jeans and my Nike Air Forces. I am going to look put together with little to no effort!

Drop Shoulder Color Block Sweater ($16)      

Last but not least is another staple for my closet. I heard there is no such thing as too many sweaters… or maybe that was just me. This is a sweater that is nothing like anything in my closet but something I think many people would love. The color blocking on this sweater makes it cute and unique and the reason I picked it up! I got it in a size medium so it would be the perfect size but if you wanted an oversized look, I would definitely size up. I got it in the beautiful green color and am excited to pair it with some black jeans and black booties.

hi i am shannon! i am a senior at minnesota state university, mankato majoring in communication sciences and disorders. i am excited to have joined her campus in hopes of making new friends, memories, and join the beautiful community of women we have.