Wellness

The Rise of Study Motivation and the Community That Has Formed With It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Every student knows that the most crucial part to passing a class is being prepared and learning the material. The best way to do so is to study. And with today’s online community of students who share their notes, study tips, and live study sessions there has been even more motivation for students to do well.

The amount of Instagram accounts dedicated to the aesthetic of notes and study layouts is growing rapidly. And there’s even more motivation on YouTube, as students are filming real- time study sessions and posting them as a form of motivation for other students to “get their study on”.

Personally, I have found the accounts belonging to graduate students to be the most appealing. I’m not sure what it is exactly, but I do know that the level of organization and self- disciple is enough to make me want to change my out-of-class habits.

But the most interesting part of it all is how dedicated these students are to making the perfect set of notes. Some students choose to do their notes old fasioned, with a highlight or star symbol here or there. Others choose to go all In with ten different writing utensils and create what one might call a master piece. And then there are the digital note takers. A completely new breed of student note takers who have everything they need on a device with a simple stylus. They can store as many notebooks and writing utensils styles, they could possibly want within that device.

I might not have perfect notes now, but I do know that as I continue to follow the student note community, that I have begun to desire my own notes with a certain level of prestige. And if you’re looking to add an extra bazzaz to your study session, I do suggest that you start venturing into the community as you might be surprised to find the right subgroup to fit your own preferred way of note taking. With that kind of motivation, there is no telling what a studious student may achieve!

Hello, I am a Mass Media and Communication Studies major at MNSU. While I enjoy writing and being a part of organizations that keep me connected.