Reasons to have a job in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

College is where you go to excel your studies and start a future for yourself. As important your classes are, having a job while in college is just as important. Many have different opinions on this but here are my reasons behind why you should have a job while in college.

• It keeps you busy. Having a job helps you wind down from school work and keeps your mind on something else for awhile.

• It helps with college debt. You are able to save up your money and when the time comes to pay off those student loans, you will already have a savings set up for it.

• Having a job looks better on resumes. This shows that you are able to handle many different things at once and shows employers you are great at time management and driven to succeed.

• Finally, it is just fun. It’s a great way to meet new people and improve skills both in and out of the workplace.

Granted, juggling school and a job may not be the best fit for everyone. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the time and is willing to put in the work.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.