This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

The city of Rapidan is a small town of 126 residents, five miles outside of the city of Mankato. In Rapidan you can go hiking, horseback riding, fishing, camping and any other outdoorsy activity your heart desires. Rapidan is also home to Rapidan Damn Store, which is a quaint diner. At first glance it appears to be a tackle or bait shop. However, the Rapidan Damn Store is a family owned restaurant known for its fantastic hamburgers, amazing milkshakes, and statewide famous pies. Next time you need to give into your wild side, take a trip out to Rapidan and enjoy life!

Hi! My name is Melissa Mashburn but I also respond to Mel. I am a junior here at Minnesota State University studying Human Resources. Born and raised in the ATL, but actually from Marietta, Georgia, a suburb outside of Atlanta. I decided to join Her Campus because IT’S AWESOME. With Her Campus I am able to meet knew people and learn about amazing opportunities, all while being surrounded by friends. I currently play tennis at Minnesota Sate University. My hobbies include Taco Bell, Mom and Pops ice cream, and using the microwave.