Pursuing a Godly Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

When you make Jesus your first love, be ready for a love story that reflects His glory. Ladies and gentlemen, don’t settle for anyone who just goes to church or plays church. Wait for the soulmate after God’s heart because our God writes the best love stories and His choices is always blessed. When I tell people that I am in a godly relationship, they look at me as if I am practically crazy. To be honest, a relationship that has been put together by God will always last. I can tell you now that a godly relationship is NOT a popular kind of relationship in my generation. I honestly never saw myself entering it either, but by the grace of God I did and it was worth it (7 months strong, and I am very thankful). A godly relationship is not based on what the world thinks, it is based on what God thinks.

I will tell you right now, a godly relationship is not easy to do but it is well worth. When you’re tempted to lose patience, think about how patient God has been with you. For my godly single ladies or taken ladies out there I applaud you and let’s continue to pray for each other that God continues to be let us grow to be amazing Proverbs 31 for our Boaz.

Anywho, in order to even be in a godly relationship you have to be a born again Christian or possibly thinking about giving your life to Christ. the Bible says, “we must be Holy because He is Holy” (Romans 1:16). We must be able to kill our flesh daily and continue to live our lives glorifying God with our bodies and also within our relationship. If you cannot manage having a godly relationship with God, then you will have a hard time managing one with someone you are trying to pursue. Yes, that means no sex, no sexual activities until you are both married (God said so). Lust is always peeping in a godly relationship so that it fails. Yes, it’s hard but always worth it. God will always bless a covenant that He puts together so trust Him with all your heart (Proverbs 3:5). Secondly, when pursing a woman or man of God, we need to look past their faults and past mistakes. Always know the difference between someone who isn’t worth it and someone who isn’t perfect because someone who is worth it may not be perfect but they will always be a blessing to your life. “herefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: “The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:17-18). You know, everyone has baggage, everyone has old dirt, made bad decisions in the past but we must look past those things and thank God for for transforming them into a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Forget the things they did when they were in the world originally, and focus on their new life in Jesus Christ. We are not perfect but we strive for perfection because the Holy Spirit that lives inside of us is perfect. Love your soulmate with all of your heart, just as Jesus does, be slow to anger and quick to forgive; your relationship will be less stressful if you do so. Always pray with your soulmate to keep the negativity out and bring the love of God amongst you two. Don’t waste each other’s time if you do not see yourselves married to them. A couple that prays together stays together, nothing beats a powerful couple that is living for Christ and working to bring each other closer to Jesus everyday.

Shay Ogul

Minnesota

Student from MNSU and writer for Her Campus!