PSA to All Art Lovers: Downtown Mankato’s Newest Addition is a Must

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you’ve braved the frigid weather and taken a chilly, brisk walk down Mankato’s ever-growing downtown Riverfront stretch, amongst the boutique’s and coffee shops you may have seen a new storefront open for business. I did, and I was drawn inside by pure curiosity- and maybe just partly by the promise of warmth. In January of 2018, ARTifact opened its doors to the public, with new and intriguing offerings. This do-it-yourself pottery studio allows you to choose a piece and paint it to your heart’s desire. The light, open floor-planned shop is lined with shelves of pieces to choose from, ranging from $15 to $50, but these fees include all the materials you will need, a trip for your masterpiece to the kiln to be baked, and an inspiring, creatively stimulating experience.

Walk-ins are encouraged, but the relaxing, open, and inviting space is also available for parties, with theme options and varieties suitable for children and/or adults. Reasonable prices, group discounts, senior specials, and seasonal promotions make this a doable activity for any artist! Whether you need a one-of-a-kind gift for someone special, or you have a free afternoon with nothing better to do than let your artistic flag fly, ARTifact has something for you. Their website says it plain and simple, “It’s a great place to have a party, create a one-of-a-kind gift or just stop by to satisfy a passing creative urge.”

There are even the promises of a new service coming soon- Pottery To Go, which entails throwing a pottery party with all your favs from the comfort of your own home! For now, though, their lovely studio is worth the trek. Next time you are out and about, check it out for yourself!

I am a senior Marketing major and Innovation and Entrepreneurship minor at MNSU, Mankato. I've been in charge of both the Marketing and Event teams for my Her Campus chapter and I love every second! Just a small town girl who loves Jesus, cooking and baking, being active, getting lots of sunshine, traveling, and spending time with her amazing family! 
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.