books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Post Winter Break Pep Talk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

A month off is pure heaven on earth: a break from school and campus; a break from roommates and cooking every night; and a break from homework and reading textbooks.

Winter break was time for you to be with your family and hometown friends, a chance to go home and get away. If you’re like me, you are really missing that at this point. You’re wishing you could be lounging in your PJs until noon and eating leftover cookies.

Coming back from this wonderful break is harsh. It’s now time to trudge to campus in the snow, time to warm up your car 20 minutes before going anywhere. It’ll be nice to sleep in everyday, but you have dreams to realize; goals to reach. Speaking of goals, we should be sticking to our new year’s resolutions.

As hard as Spring semester is, you got this. And believe me, I understand; I know it’s hard! On the bright side, February 2nd is halfway through winter! And after spring semester comes a nice, long summer.

So hang in there, girl. You can do this!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.