This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Whenever I have a long drive, go on a cleaning spree, or just want to listen to something, podcasts are my go-to. Here are some of my favorites, no matter what mood you’re in.

Happy/Funny: These are to listen to with friends or when you need some mindless listening. 

• Call Her Daddy This is a podcast mainly for women, but can be for men too. Alex Cooper shares her wildest stories, mainly focused around sex and relationships. If you listen enough, you will become a “DaddyGang” member and feel like you two are best friends.

• Happy Hour with Gretchen Geraghty  Happy Hour is simply an hour of feeling like you are chatting with an old friend. Gretchen usually talks about what’s going on in her life, advice chats about self care and relationships, or new trends happening. She radiates positivity and happiness, which boosts my mood just listening. 

Self Care/Health: These podcasts give you tips and motivation for embracing a healthier lifestyle.

• Skinny Confidential The Skinny Confidential shares wellness tips and tricks to living a wholesome lifestyle. Anywhere between skincare, recipes, workouts, and meditation, Lauryn and Michael will give you the run-down. They feature world-renowned doctors, dieticians, and athletes to share their experiences in the health world.

•  The Health Code This podcast is all about motivating yourself to stay on track with your goals and how to transform your life into a healthier style. Kurt and Sarah are an Australian power couple, giving some of the best advice while being funny as well. Even if you aren’t into the podcast itself, their accents make it worth listening to. 

Story Telling: These are more of the horror side of podcasts. Personally, I only like listening to these during the daytime and when I’m with others. Listen at your own risk!

• Crime Junkie Crime Junkie is all about murder mysteries and conspiracy theories. They dig into the facts and see either some options or tell you what the suspect is up to today. They definitely give me the chills when listening!

Informational: These informative shows teach listeners about issues happening in our world right now, with the goal to better the world by influencing listeners.

• Pod Save the People, Pod Save America The hosts engage in good dialogue about politics, the week’s news, and guide people to what really matters. They give manageable steps to listeners of how they can help these worldly issues and get people involved.

• The Dave Ramsey Show Dave Ramsey gives his advice on how to take control of your money and how to budget to achieve financial freedom. Whether big or small tips, everyone needs a bit of advice on how to save their money. 

Go-Getter: These shows inspire me to better myself in my career and motivate me to chase after my goals.

• Gals on the Go Brooke and Danielle talk about the latest trends and how they are keeping up in their chaotic lives. They are super relatable because one is still in college and the other is a fresh college grad thriving in NYC. 

• The BossBabe Podcast

Women share the behind the scenes of running a successful business and still balancing their personal life. The hosts invite entrepreneurs and business women on to share their experiences and insights.   

Here are just some of my suggestions of many, many, amazing podcasts. I promise you, no matter what mood you’re in, there is a podcast for it!

I am a marketing major with a graphic design minor graduating in May 2021. I enjoy traveling, drinking coffee, and staying active.