This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Halloween ended, hun. There’s no need to be something you’re not anymore. Dressing up like others is done and over with for the year. It’s November now.

“Dressing up is for kids.” Someday we’re just dressed-up kids too, or are we a little bit every day?

Sometimes it feels like October 31st is every day. Some days we might be pretending to be someone we aren’t. Dressing up like a mermaid, slutty housewife or firefighter are such cliche people to be on halloween. This is a day we are trying to be something we clearly aren’t. There can be days when we are wearing identities that are clearly something we aren’t. For me, I sometimes come off less confident than I should be. Or I wish I had someone else’s wardrobe rather than my own. Maybe we are hiding all of our insecurities in these costumes.

You don’t need to be someone you’re not. You shouldn’t feel that you need to be something other than yourself.

It’s time to show the real you, be proud of your skeleton, sweetie. We need to be comfortable in our skin. We can be our very own costume.

You are one of a kind.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.