This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Eating oatmeal is a great way to start your morning. Oatmeal contains more soluble fiber than whole wheat bread or rice. It has many vitamins and minerals. It also contains antioxidants and is a good source of protein, iron, and carbohydrates. All of these are needed in certain amounts to be productive throughout the day. Insufficient amounts of these sources can cause impairment throughout the body. Fiber and other nutrients found in oatmeal can help protect against certain cancers.

Oatmeal is super bland without anything put in it. There are lots of ways to make your morning oatmeal taste extraordinarily better. You can easily rearrange or mix and match any of these examples that you enjoy! Here are 5 ways to spice up your oatmeal:

• Caramel Apple Surprise

Add slices of apples, cinnamon, and caramel sauce in the oatmeal! Add some brown sugar on top to sweeten it up!

• Peanut Butter Lover

Add melted peanut butter, peanut butter granola, and chia seeds to the oatmeal!

• Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal

Add cinnamon and Powdered sugar to your oatmeal to make that cinnamon roll taste!

• Strawberry Banana Oatmeal

Add strawberries, bananas, and chia seeds to the oatmeal!

• Berry Great Oatmeal

Add raspberries, blueberries, and any extra fruit you like into your oatmeal!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.