This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I have contently listened to stories of my grandparents, my parents, others’ grandparents, others’ parents or just random strangers about how they “almost” did this or they “could have” done that. What if they would have done those things they almost did? What if I would have done those things that I almost did? The question goes the same for you.

I have made a list of just a few of my “what ifs” to share with you all, in hopes it may allow you to make a similar list. I was surprised at what I had learned from making it.

What if:

• I never took my first job interview freshman year?

• I didn’t have a boyfriend for the last 3 years?

• I went to bed early every night?

• My family never moved?

• I studied for at least 2 hours every night?

• I cared what everyone thought of me?

• I never signed my lease before going abroad?

• I never went back to college?

• I kept traveling?

• I became famous?

• I wrote a book?

• I became an actor?

• I did more community service?

• I didn’t take naps?

• I changed the world somehow?

Each decision we face in life offers different outcomes, but looking back and contemplating the path you didn’t take may help you make future decisions ones that won’t have you asking yourself over and over, “what if?”

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.