This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

My New Year’s Resolution this year was to take better care of myself, more specifically, with my skin care. Before this year, I rarely even took my makeup off (gross, I know). Now, I can’t imagine going a day without doing my simple skincare routine. The results have been amazing! I have significantly fewer blemishes, and my skin always feels hydrated and clean.

I start off my routine with Simple Micellar Cleansing Water. I had heard about this product from YouTubers, who said it’s a great way to get off makeup and excess dirt and oil on your skin. I simply squirt a little of the product onto a cotton round and use all over my face. I got this at Target for $5.99.

Second, I use another cotton round to apply the Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel to my skin. This product works as a perfecting toner, which eliminates excess oil without over-drying the skin. I purchased this product from Target as well for only $4.99.

My third step is the Ole Henrickson Truth Foaming Cleanser. It works as a bubbly cleanser that is rich in African red tea extract as well as vitamin C, which gently removes impurities. I purchased this product at Sephora for $30.00

My last step is probably my favorite. I had been searching for a moisturizer that wouldn’t make my skin too oily, as I have combination-oily skin. This turned out to be the perfect remedy for me. It’s the Belif Aqua Bomb. This moisturizer is ultra-lightweight and works to cool and refresh your skin, while also giving the appropriate amount of hydration. This product is a little more expensive at $38.00 from Sephora, but a little goes a long way.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.