Must-Reads for the Non-Reader: “WOLFPACK” by Abby Wambach

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

*** This article is a part of a new series called “Must-Reads for the Non-Reader.” This compilation of articles is for people who have difficulty reading. This could be for a variety of reasons: reading disabilities, short attention spans, little to no free time to read for pleasure, etc.***

This article is the second in the series “Must-Reads for the Non-Reader.” As college students, it’s hard to find time to indulge in reading an actual book. The reason I created this series was so busy college women could continue to read even with jam-packed schedules.

The second book I have chosen to highlight is Wolfpack by Abby Wambach. Abby Wambach is a U.S. soccer Olympic gold medalist and an advocate for gender/sexuality equality and fights to eliminate the wage gap. 

Here is my take on Abby Wambach Wolfpack:

“Through difficult experiences, Abby Wambach tells an honest and blunt tale of inequality in her career and shines a light on the challenges young women continue to face in the new age of feminism. An iconic quote sets the tone for the main message of the book: “You were never Little Red Riding Hood, you were always the wolf”. With those inspiring words, the novel dives into how to deal with hardships and failures when you did your best to succeed. She leaves the reader feeling as though anything is possible.”

minnesota state university, mankato '22 🐃 i manage social media accounts 🔮 known for being loud, short and social 🦋 whisker media 😽 #blacklivesmatter❣
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.