This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Looking to up your calorie count? Missing out on some seriously interesting people-watching? Want to get your daily step count to 10,000 in a matter of a few hours? Look no further than the Minnesota State Fair! Each year, the fair draws over 1,000,000 people to its calorie-filled glory.

It’s not difficult to find a Minnesotan that’s made the trip to Falcon Heights at least once in their lifetime. Looking around, you can see even some babies making their Fair debut at only weeks old.

From deep fried cheesecake, alligator bites, and gyros, to deep fried cookie dough, cheese curds, and fresh squeezed lemonade, the Minnesota State Fair definitely has something that’s sure to tingle your taste buds!

Amanda is a Law Enforcement major at Minnesota State University, Mankato. She began her senior year of college in August, 2017. When she's not on campus she works as a toddler teacher. Amanda also serves as the co-chair of Diversity and Recruitment for MNSU Her Campus.
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.