Lindsay Abram: Future Her Campus VP and Serengetee Ambassador

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Name: Lindsay Abram

Year in school: Sophomore

Hometown: Cottage Grove, MN

Major: Mass Media

HC: How did you get involved with Her Campus?

LA: A friend of mine (Morgan) was in Her Campus and she recommended that I join.

HC: When did you learn about Serengetee and what motivated you to get involved?

LA: I honestly don’t quite remember how I found out about Serengetee, I think it may have been something on Facebook. After looking into the organization and what they were about, I decided their values were similar to mine and that the organization would be something I would be proud to represent and promote. I applied last fall and was accepted in the spring.

HC: Although you’re still fairly new to Serengetee, what is your favorite thing about the company?

LA: For Serengetee reps, we are all split into regions. I am a part of the north region, and although we are all from different places and may never meet in person, everyone is super helpful and encouraging. It’s cool to be a part of something that brings so many people together. We also have competitions that not only are fun, but also get the word out about Serengetee.

HC: What is your favorite product?

LA: Personally, I like the baseball tee’s best. However, I just ordered a hat that I cannot wait to get!

HC: How many countries have you traveled to? Which ones?

LA: Unfortunately, most of my travels have yet to happen. I’ve only been to Mexico and Canada, but I plan to travel as much as I can once I have the ability to do so. I’ve always wanted to travel, but Serengetee definitely heightens my travel fever.

HC: What is one piece of advice that you would give to a freshman or someone transferring to Minnesota State, Mankato?

LA: GET INVOLVED! My freshman year I just went with the flow, attended classes, did homework, etc. I really wish I would have gone to more events and looked into clubs sooner, it definitely would have change my freshman experience for the better.

HC: What has been your favorite experience so far at Minnesota State, Mankato?

LA: Oh boy… with where my mind is set right now, I honestly think that joining Her Campus and Serengetee have been some of my favorite experiences. They both have opened doors for me that make my future something I am excited about. I’ve expanded my connections and added to my experiences by joining these organizations.

HC: What Netflix series are you binge watching right now?

LA: I am currently between shows. I just finished the OA and am searching for a new show. Aside from Netflix, my Thursday nights are dedicated to Grey’s Anatomy.

HC:If I were to tell you that I was the hiring manager at your dream company, where would it be and what position would you be hired for?

LA: Well if we are talking DREAM job, I’d love to act in movies and tv shows. More realistically, I would like to edit scripts for movies and tv shows and work my way to possibly writing them – this is a new aspiration of mine so I haven’t looked into it enough to have a specific company that I would strive to work for.

HC: What is your favorite 2000’s song to jam out to?

LA: Google isn’t letting me pull up a list right now but off the top of my head, I know I jammed to Bye, Bye, Bye and Oops! I Did It Again probably way too much.

HC: What’s the last book you read?

LA: Humans of New York Stories by Brandon Stanton

HC: Zac Efron or Dave Franco?

LA: Tough one! Is young Leonardo DiCaprio an option?

HC: Would you rather be the best player on a losing team, or the worst player on a winning team?

LA: I would like to be the best player on a losing team- however, not for the reason of being the best player. I think that I have the capabilities to be a good leader and bring a losing team together when times are tough.

HC: Do you have a morning ritual? If so, what is it?

LA: Coffee, coffee, coffee. Everything else is optional.

HC: How would your best friend describe you?

LA: She said, “Goofy, blunt, kick-assy & caring”

HC: What is your life mantra that helps guide you every day?

LA: This often changes but for right now in my life, I often remind myself that a bad day doesn’t have to mean a bad week, month, life etc.

Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau