This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Dear 15-year-old me,

Hey, so I know that life seems really rough right now. It may seem like everything is out to get you and your parents won’t let you have any fun. I know that you feel defeated because no boy has asked you to winter formal, but all of your friends have been asked. I know that you think you are this awkward girl with no future but I promise you, you aren’t. Right now I know where your thoughts are, they are on boys and why you don’t have a high school boyfriend. I know that you can’t wait to get your license and can’t wait to get out of that small town. But trust me, 20-year-old you misses every second of the simplicity of it.

I know what is going on with your so called friends. I know that you think you need to put up with them because you think that you have no one else but trust me, you will find way better friends who won’t put you down.Ones who don’t make you dread going to school everyday. Trust me, your best friend is right in front of you.

I know that you think your parents are strict and think that they are just trying to keep you in. But you will thank them later, you will wish you could see them everyday while you are sitting in your college dorm with nothing else to do. I know that you want to go out with your friends, but trust me the party scene is not all that is cracked up to be.

Most importantly, enjoy being young. Enjoy not having to be out in the world and having to fend for yourself. Just enjoy your life and stop worrying about all the little things. It doesn’t matter, the only thing that matters is you.

Love, You

I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.