This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Ever since platforms like Netflix and Hulu became the norm, not many people are watching TV shows, but this one is extremely different. A brand new show (with only one season currently) called LEGO Masters is like The Amazing Race and a few other shows they compete in teams; and from the looks of it, the teams seem to meet before they go into the show. Ten teams are competing for a cash prize of $100,000 dollars, the Ultimate LEGO trophy, and the title of LEGO Master. Every episode the teams get a certain amount of time depending on what they are building, and once their time runs out they get their builds judged by experts: Amy Corbett and Jamie Berard. 

LEGO Masters is labeled as a Reality-TV show, with the host for the show being Will Arnett. Arnett is extremely funny even if some of his jokes are a little weird. Like every show, they have a safe from elimination item. In LEGO Masters, that item is the Golden Brick, which only two teams have had the brick at all this season. Christian Cowgill and Aaron Newman from the “Superman and Clark Kent” team, and more recently Mark CruickShank and Boone Langston as “The Bearded Builders”. They have won the Golden Brick by building the best LEGO build for the round it was offered.

LEGO Masters is available to watch on YoutubeTV, FuboTV, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and Google Play. Even with only a slight interest in LEGO, it is a fun show to have in the background or to just watch in general! LEGO Masters is currently down to three teams as of March 26th, 2020. One really enjoyable thing to watch in the show is how the team reacts to each other’s actions and other teams’ buildings, and to watch their build progress. 

Personally, if I gave it a rating, I think that the show is a 7/10 just because sometimes it feels a little too scripted and doesn’t seem to be more of a free talking show, which is sometimes slightly boring. Overall, it is a very fun show to watch and is entertaining, it keeps the episodes fun with the different build categories.

Sarah is a writer at MNSU Her Campus, this is her second year with Her campus. Sarah is a Sophmore at MNSU and is Majoring in Creative Writing, she hopes to one day write novels to make people happy and to inspire. She is currently working on a few stories and toying with novel ideas.
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.