Last Minute Spring Break Destination Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Even though Spring break is getting closer each day, some people have not made any plans. But we all need a rest from everything, and this break poses a very convenient opportunity. So, if  you don’t want to find yourself on some crowded beach, or you just don’t have the funds to plan something elaborate, here are some domestic destination ideas you can work with to whip up a Spring break trip to rival that of those going to, say, Cancun.

• New Orleans

Mardi Gras is over for the year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun and eat good food in New Orleans. In fact, there are several budget-friendly options waiting to be explored by spring breakers. Go on a dinner cruise; sign up for a food tour; and visit one of the many interesting museums.  

• Charleston

Charleston, SC is quite the charming place to be, especially during the spring. Check into a nice B&B, go for lunch at an upscale restaurant, and tour the city to your heart’s content. You get a lot of both the old and new: old mansions and cathedrals, quaint shops, and modern art galleries. You also get some good ol’ Southern food and hospitality.

• Yellowstone National Park

If you’re into the great outdoors, Yellowstone National Park is the place to be. Just imagine what you can do in this massive place that stretches through three states. From rafting, camping, and animal watching, to hiking and horse riding; the options are endless. There are even opportunities to learn about the Indigenous reservations that are nearby and to stay at a guest ranch.

• Philadelphia

If you’re looking for rich history, the places previously mentioned will do just fine; but maybe not as well as Philadelphia. With museums, parks, historic sites, and some very notable architecture, this is a city to visit. It also helps that the night life is not bad at all.

• San Diego

San Diego is probably one of the most obvious choices, and for good reason. It has great weather, beautiful parks, interesting history, good food, and a lot of wine. You’re definitely getting an all-in-one experience if you choose this place as your destination.

So, have no fear if you have little time left until Spring break. As you can see, it doesn’t take much money or effort to have a good time. In fact, you won’t even have to bring out your passport this break!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.