This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

What comes to your mind when you think of college? Most people think “hell yeah, I am away from my parents so let’s go out and drink every night.” The lucky few dodge the hangovers, but many of us don’t. Well, that’s just fine, you don’t need to go out every weekend drink to have fun. It’s okay to say no to your friends when they ask you to go out and party. Sometimes we just need some “me” time. 

There have been many times where I would much rather stay in my apartment, cuddle with my cat and watch movies all night and there’s nothing wrong with that. I save a lot of money by not spending it on alcohol every weekend and I spend it on better things, like Chipotle. But let’s get back to why it’s okay to skip the party.

Some people just are not into the big crowds that come with the party seen, maybe there’s someone you really don’t want to run into. Or maybe you don’t want to get so drunk that you have no idea what happened last night. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to party. Everyone has those days when they would rather stay in instead of getting lit.

For those that don’t want to party, have some friends over, hang out with your girls and enjoy a relaxing night in.