The Importance of Living a Passionate Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Life without passion is meaningless. I can’t believe how often I look around or think about people I know or interact with that don’t have something they’re passionate about. Caring about something brings a new light into your life, and when you care so deeply that you’d do pretty much anything to maintain it, it shows. Being passionate makes you a more interesting person. It always gives you something to talk about, and finding someone who shares a similar passion can create an instant bond. When someone sees anything related to what you love, they’re going to think of you immediately, and that means something.

Finding something to be passionate about can be tough and it may take you your whole life. Your passions may change as you get older and have to evaluate your priorities or as the world around you changes. Sometimes when you’re a kid you may be passionate about a sport you play or climbing trees or coloring, and maybe those will follow you into adulthood like moving up in that sport or climbing mountains or creating beautiful art. Or maybe you’ll realize you hate all those things and would rather read books and take photos and go for long drives. The only advice I can give you is when you find that one thing above all others, dive in head first, don’t half-ass it. When you love something so much, you attract the people around you. They want to know what you know and it encourages them to find their own thing. And if you’re passionate about a lot of things, that’s even better. Loving things and being involved is so much better than just coasting through life, so find something you enjoy and DON’T LET GO!

The things I am passionate about: Harry Styles, music, art, traveling, saving the damn planet.

Olivia is a senior at Minnesota State University, Mankato. She is double-majoring in Mass Media and English and has hopes to get into publishing. She is the current senior editor for the MNSU chapter of Her Campus and loves to write. In her free time when she's not writing or editing, she loves to sleep, hang out with friends, longboard, read and sleep some more.
I am senior at MNSU and am studying to get a degree in Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. I love cooking, being around friends and family, going on little adventures, and just having fun.